Lewis and Judy's Home

Lewis and Judy's reconstructed home at Somerset Place

Reconstructed Lewis and Judy's Home
(left to right, rear view of Plantation Hospital, Lewis and Judy's Home, Suckey's Davis's Home, with the Colony House and rear of the Collins Family Home in the background)

Completed in 1997, this reconstructed building (16' x 16') represents one of 23 one-room slave houses that were once arrayed along Lake Phelps. Occupancy ranged from three to 15 people. Judy, her husband Lewis, five teens, one adult child, a daughter-in-law, and a grandchild shared the original home in 1843.


.

Interior of Lewis and Judy's Home


Return to top of page

Return to the Somerset Place home page